• Friday Tin

    Friday, January 28, 2011



    It is Friday and I was over excited for this weekend. I was dreaming of Mr. Hubs being around for a whole two days (after being away this week) and what do you know there is a very high chance he has to go away AGAIN over the weekend! Something about a frisky machine on one of the rigs, well I am thinking I may start acting a little frisky myself, just to get some attention from the highly sot after engineer!

    Now I did stock up my Friday Tin. This week is a good merge between my no sugar blitz and my family’s cravings. I adapted the recipe from the rebar cookbook.

    Fruit Oat Bars

    ¾ Cup unbleached flour ~ I used Whole Wheat
    ¾ Cup whole wheat flour
    2 Cups oats
    1 ½ Cup walnut pieces
    2 tsp baking powder
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 ½ tsp cinnamon
    1 cup + 2 tbsp butter ~ I used coconut oil
    1 ½ Cup brown sugar ~ I used coconut sugar
    1 egg
    1 Cup fruit jam ~ I used organic sugar free blueberry jam, and added a little sprinkle of sugar.

    1) Pre-Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 10x15 baking pan.
    2) Mix all ingredients, except the egg and jam. Once well mixed remove half of the crumble. Add egg to the first portion. Press into pan and bake for ten minutes or until lightly browned.
    3) Remove the crust from the oven and spread the jam on top, cover with the rest of the crumble and bake until brown about 20 minutes. Enjoy.



    It is a lip smacking healthy treat though it may be a little crumbly but as Uncle Grant says “just crumbles its way down”!



    I am sure each and every one of you could barley handle the fact that I did not post a picture of my man baby, on his eight months. So here it is… eight months and cuddling with a big black Nigerian ~ sweet Blessing ~ friend of Lydia. Blessing help us move Lydia, Tunde and Innocence. Blessing lives and works at the beach, unfortunately she is a lady of the night. My heart aches for her. She is so fun and confident! I wish I knew of more ways to help women like Blessing. For the mean time I will let her hold my baby, he seamed happy…and a little too comfortable!

    Mother's please remember to add your name for this weeks mothering gift, tomorrow another gift will be sent off for one of you!