• Mariage on Wheels ~ Part Two

    Thursday, June 14, 2012

















    ~
    Tonight we leave for a three week westward adventure. Four kids and trailer in tow!

    Do you remember my post about a ‘Marriage on Wheels’, if not click and get filled in on the drama.

    I went to work on figuring out a way to mix our trailer dreams with a very thrifty budget!

    Such Fun
    Upon completion Roger kissed and complimented me, sweet rewards...

    I bought curtains on sale from Ikea and recovered all the hideous trailer upholstery.

    Then nic-knacked from thrift shops and garage sales.

    The bedding I mostly had stored in my linen closet (all previously found from thrift shops), the duvet on the master bed was a large table cloth I bought at a garage sale, now sewn into a duvet cover.

    The ‘Flower for Sale’ sign above the door was the best find. For reasons unknown to me trailer designers put a slab of fabric above the door, which is tacky and unmovable!  Amazing I found the sign at a speciality shop on sale and it was light enough for Roger to hang it in his beloved trailer.

    I did have to put my style desires aside for the bathroom which has now been converted into a fortified fortress all in hopes of keeping our two-year-old-Lachlan trapped… for nights at least!

    All’s Well that Ends Well

    I am thrilled to say we will be one Happy Marriage on Wheels after all!

    Before




    ~