• Gifts of Home

    Monday, November 5, 2012


    ~
    My darling, that wild boy who captured my heart long ago,
    Read my last weeks words from a distant and decided upon his return he was going to love me with 
    an awfully generous gift!
    A set of lovely newness to warm our nook of living. 
    ~ 


    ~
    My gratefulness curls here with my babies watching the sky and trees meet imaginations.
     I sit awhile and talk sweet treasures over distant lines to that wild boy who always seems farther away then I like.
    When the house finally hushes, my evenings find rest with tea and those books that have become companions.
    ~

     
     
    ~
    In these transitions days one of these dear friends has been a constant.
    Lines and lines of simple wisdoms that draw me yet again to awareness that home is a sanctuary and should be sensitively cared for,
    the everyday ordinary encased in splendour.
     ~


    ~
    Homes absorb immense amounts of time and energy.
    This effort is satisfying if one has a balanced schedule and can cover the essentials without too much stress. Essentials include the extras to the everyday round that is part of human life-the celebrations, reunions, disappointments, depressions, sickness, disasters.

    Homes work best when someone is the contented keeper of home life.
    Homemaker is a good description. It really is worth giving full attention to this vital task.

    Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
    ~
     
     
    ~
    Couches and Pillows are lovely details

    But they are only the back drops to the loveliness of life.

    Fully lived through the blessed gift of home.
    ~