• Pulau Langkawi

    Friday, October 19, 2007

    Our first family holiday ever! The only thing we wanted for this holiday was sun and sea. We spent five days on a coastal island called Langkawi. We rented a cabana five steps from white sandy beaches and crystal clear blue water. We would wake to the sound of tropical birds alarming us the sun was up, we went to breakfast in an
    "open air" restaurant, it had no walls so you were completely surrounded by the jungle. After breakfast we would grab our swim gear and books, go lie in the sun until lunch, eat, go lie in the sun. I have never experienced anything quite so relaxing, private beach, the sound of waves, palm trees over head. We did venture out to go on a cable car up the mountain where we saw breathtaking views of the surrounding area and Thailand. The resort offered some fun, Roger enjoyed time jet-skiing, and we had a romantic dinner for two on the ocean watching the sun set. The island and beaches are still so pristine and natural, I want to live there! Marion was so happy spending hours playing with her sand toys, collecting shells, running in and out of the ocean, monkeys in the trees over head, what more could a kid want? It was Davina's first ocean experience, she most definetly loved the sand. I again realized how much I love the ocean when we got off the plane and the sea air meet me I felt like I was home, hearing the waves lull me of to sleep, waking to the views, peaceful! Roger has been reminding me I am a prairie girl now, but I know I have ocean in my blood and that never really goes away!





    Cable car
















    Dinner for two.