• Our Home

    Thursday, October 18, 2007

    I never thought I would call a swanky downtown apartment home. I have always wanted to experience what it would be like to live in a high rise right in the heart of a lively city. I never thought it would be in Kaula Lampur, Malaysia! We rented a eighteenth floor, three bedroom serviced apartment just one block from Roger's work. It has a beautiful pool and a kids club with free drop in a gym and buffet breakfast every morning. We were excited to get all our things from Canada and finally make a home. I have been enjoying shopping and decorating with my Asian goods. After a month of eating out, we were all relived to have a home cooked meal. The first meal I made at home Marion looked at me funny and said " Mom you remember how to cook?" Today I went to China town and bought flowers, I got so excited over the cheap prices that I bought anything I liked! I returned home to look over what I bought four dozen roses, three bundles of cluster orchids, carnations for Marion's room, and a large bouquet of hybrid roses, all for twenty bucks! I almost fainted with joy! Now that my condo is covered in flowers, candles are lit and I am looking out over the amazing city views. I now wish my friends and family could come and visit me in my new home. Tea any one? And just as I put the finishing touches on this home, pictures came in from our new place in Africa.... Marion asked me what our address is? I answered her question, she then proceeded to tell me she thinks she should put a mailbox on her suit case! I think she is embracing this no roots thing! The pictures are of the lobby of the apartment, views from the our condo, the girls so sweet in my bed, I hope the video works for you. I miss every on alot more now that I have a home but no visitors.