• Bedroom Blessing

    Thursday, August 23, 2012





     
     




     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    ~

    I am a older sister to five girls…

    I am also a sister to five brothers…

    That makes eleven of us!

    Wonderful   

    Crazy

    Only at times.

    I find it interesting how free flowing people’s comments are when it comes to big families.

    People’s questions and comments offer a great source of humour to us as a family and by far some of our favorite common ones are…

    #1) If we can keep track of everyone?  In which our response is usually “oh well… I… ahh… hope so… now wait… umm… let’s do a head count… opps… I think we forgot a few” drawled out with long uncertain pauses for dramatic effect.

    #2) If there is enough love to go around? I have no doubt! For when you have five sisters and five brothers and two parents, why you get triple if not more love then the average family!

    And in the case of our latest family get together I think it worked very much in the benefit if a younger sibling to have a dozen or so siblings and in-laws!

    It all starts with the only blued eyed one out of the sea of brown eyed kids. She melts hearts with her eyes, her sweetness, generosity and carefree laugh. There is something extraordinary about Bethany. We all know it, you just know she has a wildly grand life to live and as a sibling you’re just so humbled and grateful to be part of her life in some small way!  

    When we were all together this summer at my parents resort… I mean home, us older sibs decided to partner with my parents on an ‘Extreme Bedroom Makeover’ for Bethany. She now the dignified age of ten and has never had her own room.  Well we all set about the task of providing her, her heart’s desire. We divided the large room into two making the smaller one Bethany’s room.  Putting up new walls and painted of course, putting in a window, electrical, decorating and fussing over the details. We kept it a surprise, which added to the excitement and thrill.

    The neatest part of it was watching us all work together, parents, adult sisters and sister in-laws younger sisters, adult brothers and brother-in-laws, nieces and nephews. Each one of us played a part offering our gifting to fulfill a desire for Bethany. When I stepped back and looked at the finished project I not only saw a beautiful room I saw love poured into every corner. Her room only took two days to complete because of the many hands that work hard to bless her.

    Seeing the joy in a sister’s face is worth the world to me and made me so very grateful that I was chosen to be part of this

    Wonderful

     Large family!

    ~