• Offshore

    Friday, April 25, 2008

    I don't think I've mentioned anything yet about the thing that brought us here...my job. I don't want to bore anyone so I'll keep it short! Work here is exciting simply due to the massive scale of operations. There's many platforms like this one. My job is machinery engineering which includes the turbines and generators which generate power for the platforms, the pumps that pump product to shore, the compressors that inject gas back into the ground, and many other machines for different processes. If there's a problem with any of these, production is lost and nobody's happy. There's problems daily. I get to help fix those problems and make sure no more occur. That's about it!

    Picture deleted.

    Picture deletd.

    Picture deleted.




    Sanitation is not a high priority here. He'll gut that fish right where 160 work boots have tread today. "I'll have the rice please". (Many expats have been known to lose 10-20 pounds on a weeks visit offshore.)