• Uncle Leonard

    Wednesday, March 21, 2012


    ~
    Tight buds were placed on my sills the morning of my Uncles last earthly breaths.

    Grief pulled me away into the world of loved ones, memories, and good-bye.

    What I left as hidden, brought forth beauty hews, orange, a favorite of my uncle.

    A gift from my creator, a God who my uncle is dwelling face to face with, gifts of Grace!

    Memories of my uncle are bursting with every orange petal; they will slip away, though the impact of his life will not


    In loving memory I will…

    ~
    Live a life of laughter.

    Serve with friendship to the lonely.


    Learn to lead.

    Give generously.
    ~
    But there’s far more to life for us. We’re citizens of high heaven! We’re waiting for the arrival of the saviour, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthly bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He’ll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him. Philippians 4:20-21

    Uncle Leonard, Thank you for blessing me, noticing me, loving me. I will miss you.

    ~